Friday, March 14, 2008

Real Simple Syndication

Real Simple Syndication
Having never heard of the term RSS before, this has been another big learning experience for me but I have managed to create an account and put some RSS feeds on it including the Powerhouse Museum's picture of the day. This was interesting as a collegue and I visited the Museum while on a training day at the State Library last year. I have included the National Geographic and cat sites as being an animal, gardening and nature lover these all interested me. As people who come into the Library sometimes think Librarians know everything I have included the SMH news blogs and a new books listing.
Apart from the ABS for Librarians and new books listing, I doubt if I would use any of the above as it would be much quicker for me to pick up a newspaper or use the internet than to find a suitable blog.
Well this Aged Learner is still surprising herself at what she has been able to do.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Hi Billy and Buddy,
I just come back from bambino's bloggerama. Bambino found a fun video clip.

Wishing you a good jurney with your learning. I'll be back for a cup of tea. today I am home because i have a bad cold, sniff sniff coff coff.

ori